Madisons uses the freshest possible flowers in all of our arrangements and bouquets, to ensure maximum enjoyment from them once they arrive home with you, follow the steps below.
Caring for your bouquets
- Start by unwrapping the paper and remove the water bag (if there is one) from the bouquet
- Fill up a vase with water and cut the bottom of the stems on an angle before transferring your flowers into the vase
- Keep all stems submerged in the water by filling up the vase with plenty of water and remove any foliage that goes below the water line
- Don't wait until the water starts to discolour, change it every second day if possible.
- Keep your flowers out of direct sunlight as they prefer cooler areas
- Lastly, remove individual flowers as they wilt to keep your bouquet looking beautiful!
Caring for your Ficus Lyrata
- They like it bright, so choose a spot where it will get plenty of [indirect] light, you don’t want to damage the leaves
- Water when the top inch or so of the potting mix is dry, but the soil below is moist. ~ Our florist, Katie has been watering her Ficus every 2 weeks
- These trees will lean towards the light, so rotate your tree every few weeks to keep its shape!
Still have more questions? We’d love to help!